Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Bad first day

Since getting the car over the weekend I haven't really had a chance to work on it.  Saturday I was bitten by a black widow and I've been a bit groggy and achy.  And that made me clean out the car as best as possible, no more spiders!  Monday was an art day and  Yesterday I had to go to UCR to give a talk.  So today was the first workin' day.

So, I started by going to Kragen picking up a battery and hose.  The older guy at the counter was quizzing me about the car and wound up giving me %10 off.  I usually find Kragen a bit madening, but they are right around the corner and hey %10.

So I get the battery in add some oil and water.  I put the key in the ignition and it just floats around.  It won't move and doesn't seem to fit although the same key works on every other part of the car.  So I oil it, fiddle with it, beat on it and finally take a drill to it and finally it turns to the start position.  The motor turns a couple times and then stops....it seems locked up.  I need time out.

On the plus side
-One headlight popped up
-the door buzzer works
-Kragen is not so bad

Minus
-the engine won't turn over

sad captain

No comments: